An Update for Parents and Guardians of Returning Third and Sixth Grade Students
With the health and wellness of our families and staff in mind, CCSD59 is implementing a new procedure for parents and guardians of all students who will be returning to school in third and sixth grades to prove residency. As a reminder, families of students that fall into these grade levels are required to prove CCSD59 residency at the student’s school of attendance.
Families have the following options to prove residency. Enrollment and staff numbers vary by building, so your individual school will alert you to any changes in this process:
- Families may contact their child’s school to make a drive-up appointment. Documents only need to be viewed, and not copied. A list of approved documents can be found below. Staff will fill out the SR-13 Verification of Residence form and sign confirming proper materials were viewed. If a family is unable to provide any documents, they may fill out an SR-5 form.
- Families may email documents to the office staff at their child’s school.
- Families can also drop off documents to be checked later on by staff at their child’s school.
Please note that proof of residency at the school is only required for students who are returning in third and sixth grades. CCSD59 staff will evaluate the documents at the time they are presented, so please note that presenting any of the items listed below does not guarantee admission.
Residency must be proven before students can be assigned or given their classroom schedules, so please be sure to contact your child’s school office with any questions. Schools will begin contacting families who do not prove residency by August 11.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your partnership in another school year.
ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR PROVING RESIDENCY:
*Please note: you must bring one document from Category A and two documents from Category B to your appointment.
Category A: One (1) Document Required
- Most recent Real Estate Tax Bill for my Residence
- Mortgage Papers
- Signed and Dated Lease
Category B: Two (2) Documents Required
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- Current Public Aid Card
- Current Homeowners/Renters Insurance
- Policy and Premium Payment Receipt
- Most Recent Gas, Electric and/or Water Bill
- Most Recent Cable or Credit Card Bill
- Receipt for Moving Company Services Showing Current Address